Thursday, April 5, 2007

McCormick & Schmick's

I was flying home to Seattle a few years ago on Alaska Airlines and as a promotion they handed out to all their passengers a $50 gift certificate to McCormick & Schmick's. "Wow!" I thought to myself, "$50! I could eat like a queen!". My friend Justin and I decided to hit up the one on 4th ave. in Seattle. $100 later (not including the gift certificate) we stumbled out of the restaurant stuffed, but bewildered on how we were going to pay our rent next month. We knew we were in trouble when it stated on the menu that the prices were fixed for that date. I had never heard of the term "Market Price" before that cold day in July.

Yes, it's cold in Seattle in July...get over it.

If only someone had told me that they have some of the BEST happy hour deals, I would have been able to keep my apartment. So good, in fact, that they offer it at two different times during the day. I know what you are thinking...chain restaurant, ew...but seriously, give them a shot.

From 3:30pm to 6:30pm then from 9pm to 11pm you will find $1.95 menu items including a full 1/4 lbs cheeseburger and fries, beef skewers and salmon spring rolls to die for. Drinks are still pretty much full price, but the food is worth it.

I recommend the restaurants on Rodeo Drive and in El Segundo. I was turned off by the bar in Downtown L.A., as was my friend Jen unfortunately, thus causing her to veto any attempts by me to get her to meet me there. Damn those foodies!

McCormick & Schmick's, various locations throughout the U.S.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm mentioned on the internet! OK, ok, you've convinced me. I will try it again. Maybe another location will do the trick.